Saturday, January 19, 2013

Susplendid Animation: rareseeds.com order!

It's absolutely frozen outside.  Everything is shut down, waiting for the snow to melt and spring's return.  At least there is football, and the hope the Patriots make the superbowl. 

But spring is not that far away as we get closer and closer to the equinox and the feeling that each day is longer than the one before it surrounds us.   My first order is from Baker's Creek Heirloom Seeds, probably the largest heirloom seed company in the US.  It's a family business but their seed collection is tremendous.  They also publish a magazine, Heirloom Gardener, that is worth checking out.  I bring my old copies to the Langdon Library, if interested. 

Unfortunately, this year I won't be growing any cucumbers or squash because of the cucumber beetles and squash vine borers.  I am going to take a year off and hopefully their population crashes. Not sure it will work, but that's good news for the farmers at the market. 

I also plan to re-order from Adaptive Seeds which offers one of the best watermelons, Bozeman, and a few other plants that can't be found anywhere else.  But more on that later.  Here is my list of seeds for the garden in 2013!







Wethersfield Red (accidental order)


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a precise description of the issues.
It was definitely informative. Your site is very useful.
Thanks for sharing!

Also visit my site :: recommended you read